To View More, Please Visit My Online Portfolio at:

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Senator Akaka


A few weeks ago I came across this amazing series of portraits by Tonci Zonjic (see the link below, it's worth it). Looking for an excuse to improve my ability to draw faces/ expressions, I've been inspired to start my own portrait series. I thought I'd start in a similar style to the last Zonjic portrait, and see where it takes me. I really enjoy the progression in style Zonjic series took, and hope to duplicate similar results in my own work.

Rather then draw random portraits, I've decided to work my way through the United States Senators. Above it the first one, Democrat Senator Akaka of Hawaii. I hope you enjoy it, because I'm really looking forward to the rest of the project.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiUB1WmvDKZwsSisqZKxZsFX_3TIdOAfgS4aCEUwGvfkDbHnhFRQCqYdhW_zoObQHMMu9UlY2Ak4d8NAxokftpMAHgu0s451GwvxuYotf3RaZuFkIsFMz3sRx9wV3pO137E_OD1HAiz614/s1600-h/thumbs.gif

2 comments:

Joel Vollmer said...

You are awesome, my friend! Stunning work over the past months.

Kyle Frink said...

Thanks Joel, and congrats you are the first to leave a comment on my work. :) Without a doubt, it's the highlight of my day.